Billing & Insurance
We participate with most local and many national insurance plans. However it is your responsibility to understand whether your insurance has limits on the doctors you can see, or the services you can receive.
If you provide complete and accurate information about your insurance, we will submit claims to your insurance carrier and receive payments for services. Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for co-payments, co-insurance, or other deductible amounts.
Please contact our billing office or call your insurance carrier should you have questions.
Good Faith Estimate
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, healthcare providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your healthcare provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least one business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your healthcare provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith
- Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
Advanced Urology Institute Contract Participation List Per County
- Aetna – State Wide
- AvMed Health Plans – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (renamed Florida Blue) – State Wide
- Capital Health – Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsen*, Jackson, Jefferson*, Leon, Liberty*, Taylor, Wakulla*
- CarePlus – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter
- Cigna – State Wide
- Citrus Platinum Network – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter
- Coventry (Florida) – State Wide
- First Health Network – State Wide
- Florida Blue (Formerly Blue Cross Blue Shield) – State Wide
- Florida Health Care – Flagler, Volusia
- Freedom Health – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Volusia
- GHI New York PPO – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter
- Interplan/Accountable – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter
- Humana – State Wide
- Medicare (Traditional) – State Wide
- MultiPlan/PHCS/Beechstreet – Citrus, Flagler, Lake, Marion, St. John, Sumter, Volusia
- Optimum – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Volusia
- United Health Care – State Wide
- Vista – Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter