Nicole Szell, DO
Board Certified Urologist in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Medicine
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Urethral Reconstruction
- Robotic Prolapse Repair
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause
- Women’s Health
Are you a patient of Dr. Szell?
Dr. Szell is a board-certified urologist originally from the midwestern area of Cleveland, Ohio. She completed her B.S. in biology and chemistry at Radford University in Radford, VA, and earned her medical degree at the Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine in East Lansing, MI. She completed an internship and residency in urological surgery in Detroit, MI through the St. John Providence Health System.
Dr. Szell has enjoyed an interest in women’s health as well as Urology from a very early time; she spent several years volunteering, performing research, and later working for the Planned Parenthood Network of the Greater Cleveland area. Women’s health and pelvic floor medicine have been of great interest to her since growing up in Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Szell has received several accolades in science and medicine including the MSUCOM non-resident student scholarship for 3 years of medical training. She is a clinical faculty instructor for the Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine and a clinical lecturer within the female reproductive course for medical students. Dr. Szell completed a clinical fellowship through the Bladder Health and Reconstructive Urology Institute in Miami Florida. The fellowship includes the areas of voiding dysfunction, female urology, and urologic reconstruction.
Dr. Szell currently serves as a Clinical Faculty Instructor at Michigan State University. She participates in continuing education activities with student doctors and doctors in residency training. She also serves as an associate editor for the publication “Sexual Medicine Reviews”. Dr. Szell joined AUI in September 2017.
- 2006 – B.S. in Biology and Chemistry, Radford University
- 2011 – D.O. Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2011-2012 – General Surgery Internship, Michigan State University
- 2012-2016 – Urology, St. John Providence Health System, Michigan State University
- 2016-2017 – Female Pelvic Medicine and Urethral Reconstruction, Bladder Health and Reconstructive Urology Institute, Miami, Florida
- American Urologic Association
- Florida Urologic Society
- Southeast Section of the AUA
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- Society for Women in Urology
- Soceity of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine, and Urethral Reconstruction
- Society of Urologic Prosthetic Surgeons